The South Bay Islamic Association (SBIA) is one of the oldest Islamic Organizations in The Bay Area. Its headquarters are located in downtown San Jose. SBIA has been providing various services to the community since 1977 including the five daily prayers at two locations (San Jose Downtown, and Evergreen) and Jumuah prayers in North San Jose. SBIA has been active in spreading Islam through various Dawah programs and by hosting a number of activities including Weekend Islamic School, Quranic classes for children, Tafseer (English translation and Exegesis) classes for adults, conferences and community get- togethers.
- To serve Allah Almighty as prescribed by the Qur’an and Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him)
- To establish SBIA as a local Islamic community based on the principles of the Qur’an and Sunnah.
- To strive towards establishing a world wide Ummah, that abides by the principles of the Qur’an and Sunnah.
- To provide Islamic education and religious instructions to the Muslim members of the community.
- To provide Islamic religious services and facilities for prayers for local Muslims.
- To provide Islamic counseling to the Muslim community, including families, Youth and Seniors.
- To promote and provide resources for Da’wah.
- To develop a harmonious relationship with neighbors and community at large within the framework of Islam.
- To cooperate with State, National, and International Muslim organizations and Islamic communities.
- To participate and support humanitarian causes, that do not conflict with Islamic teachings.